- Tastings of the grands crus of Champagne: Mumm and Nicolas Feuillate cellars.
- Wonderful exploration of Champagne, with an experienced guide.
- You can choose an option that provides transportation from/to your Paris residence.
- Explore the beautiful countryside around the vineyards of Champagne.
A Day in Champagne Region | From Paris
In a few words
Full day excursion to the city of Reims and its region, known all over the world for the production of a unique and prestigious product that needs no introduction: Champagne. As part of this tour, your guide will show you the majestic 13th-Century Reims Cathedral, where the coronations of the Kings of France once took place. You will also visit Mumm and the Nicolas Feuillate cellars, two famous Champagne houses, where you can taste Champagne and admire the picturesque landscape of the region's vineyards.
Set off from our agency in the center of Paris at 8 a.m. for a memorable day in the Champagne Region to the east of Paris (arrival scheduled for around 10:30 a.m.).
Begin your excursion with a guided visit of the cellars of the famous Mumm Champagne house, where you will learn about their expertise and the secrets behind the creation of their many Champagnes. At the end of your tour, taste the famous "Red Ribbon" Champagne, one of the most popular Champagnes in the world.
Spend your free time exploring Reims city center and enjoy lunch in one of the many restaurants in beautiful Erlon Square, for example. Sample the many specialties of the region, such as "white pudding," a type of sausage from Rethel, Chaource and Langres cheeses, and the famous Reims pink biscuits.
The afternoon brings the chance to discover the surrounding countryside and its pretty villages, forests and prestigious Champagne vineyards that stretch as far as the eye can see. On arrival in Epernay, visit with an audioguide your second Champagne house of the day, Nicolas Feuillatte.
Departure from Epernay is scheduled for 4 p.m., arriving back in Paris at around 6:45 p.m.
What is included?
- Services of an english speaking guide.
- Visits of wine cellars Mumm and Nicolas Feuillate (or Mercier or similars) followed with a tasting.
- According to the excursion chosen, pick up to your hotel/apartment in Paris/departure from Paris City Vision agency.
By Metro : Line 1, Station Tuileries; lines 14 or 7, Station Pyramides.
Good to know
- The price does not include lunch. From June 1rst to October 31rst: the departure is at 8.20 am. If you choose the option with transportation from/to your Paris residence, please check that your address have the postal code beginning with “75..”. While the grape harvest season is taking place between mid-August and end of September, wine making is carried out from mid-September till end of October. On-site visit duration: 6h30. This tour is not accessible for people with reduced mobility. The temperature in the cellars is quite low (around 10°): make sure you have warm clothes for the visit of the cellar.
Cancellation2 calendar days prior service: 50% of tour price (Central European Time).
1 calendar days prior service: 100% of tour price (Central European Time).